Tuesday 26 July 2011

DIY! from old t-shirt to crop top!

I was feeling a bit creative today, and while I was looking through my sewing gear and fabrics I found an old thrifted t-shirt, which I decided to turn into a no sleeved crop top! Thought I would show you how I did it:)

 Here you have the old worn-out t-shirt,
but it's in for a makeover!

 Firstly you measure how wide you want the neckline to be.
I've chosen 3 cm (1.2 in).

 Now you want to make similar marks all around the neckline seam,
it should end up looking like this.

 Then you cut from mark to mark. But only on the front site,
when you reach the back site you just cut straight across,
as close to the original seam as possible.
Lastly you cut as close to the sleeve seam as possible
to add wideness to the upper part of the crop top.



And then you only need to measure how long you want your crop top to go. I made mine go just below the belly button. You want to make sure to cut straight across to add a square look to the top.

HAVE FUN! ... and if you want to see the finished result, you can check the post above! (coming up today)

No comments:

Post a Comment